May 31, 2007

New "Do" a la francaise...



Well... Today I went to my "hair appointment" to redo my meches. With summer just around the corner and the need to "go lighter," I explained to the really nice platinum blond coiffeuse how I would like my hair this time... I even brought my laptop with the pictures to show her of how it was last summer... We discussed lightening up the reddish low-lights I had with a more golden tone. She showed me the colour and I wasn't really sure how it would look in the end, but said okay... HEY!!! I am adventrous. As I waited with the colour in my hair, I caught up with Star gossip en francais... (read a few magazines and tried to learn new words, too). After she rinsed out the colour and shampooed my hair, she gave me the MOST wonderful scalp massage, which makes it all worthwhile!! After all this, she concluded by putting one chunky pink (hot pink) meche near my ear! I love it!! That pink colour will only last about 10 days, she said... and the price... all of 86 euros... and I tipped her 10...
It is soooo much more expensive here in France to do your hair! Back at Wendy's Beauty Salon in Point Loma, I paid about $40 for the same job minus the pink. Oh.... I miss... the inexpensiveness of it all... But REAL happy that they did a very nice job on my hair today!

4 comments:

IslandGirl4Ever2 said...

UGGH! That takes a dint out of the bank account...

ColourMeCrazy said...

Hehe - was it really 20eur for the hair and 66eur for the massage? hehe! And you tipped her 10EUR!! Sorry, that's the Asian/Australian in me talking - we don't tip hairdressers in Australia at all.

I think the most I ever tipped my hairdresser in Paris was 3EUR - as we say in Australia, I'm a tightass! ;-)

ColourMeCrazy said...

ps. I like your hair esp. the pink mesh! I used to have a red mesh in mine.

Samantha said...

Now you're all set for summer! And the pink mèche really is a nice touch!