December 26, 2007

Dedicated to Cynthia and my Mom- Who Wants to Live Forever by QUEEN

I just found out that my mom's childhood friend, Cynthia, passed away! She went in for shoulder shoulder to relieve pain she was having as a result of an injured shoulder. The surgery was successful; however, she developed a blood clot in her leg a few days later and was in the hospital for in critical condition! So sad!!! I had been in pretty close contact with her since my mom died 2 years ago... but because my computer crashed a few months ago and I lost her email address, I hadn't written in a few months.. I was thinking about her in the past few weeks.. how strange life is.... but I had NO idea that her surgery had produced such complications... Tragic!! Cynthia had been my mom's best friend during their childhood and up until age 15, they had remained close friends. She and my mom lost contact as teenagers and then did not reconnect until about a year before my mom passed away. Cynthia made several trips out to California from Philly to visit my mom, up until the end.. and it was soooo great for both of them to spend time together and catch up on all the time that they were apart! Cynthia's husband had passed away just the year before my mom did, and I know how hard it was for her to see my mom towards the end, because she was going to lose another loved one, so soon after losing her husband. Cyn and I had spoken about this on a few occasions after Mom was gone, and though Cyn was deeply saddened to lose my mom and suddenly refinding her after all those years, she was happy that she was able to spend the time that she was able to spend with her! I regret that I had not written to Cynthia in a few months.. I had the address on my other computer (desktop) in the other room, but I had completely forgotten about it... and bottom line.. we never know when we are going to have to go... Cynthia was only 64, just a few weeks before her 65th b-day! I always feel so stricken with saddness when someone leaves us... Let us not take even a moment for granted... Call your loved ones today, even if it's just for a few minutes!!

No comments: