May 25, 2008

In need of a bike!




Yesterday afternoon was spent at Decathlon checking out bikes! While in San Diego, Alex and I saw TONS of really coooooool beach cruisers. I never noticed it before (maybe it just became popular recently) but there were tons of light pink, mint green and baby blue cruisers for women. I fell in love with the pink, girly-girl cruisers. To have one would be any beach girl's dream.... I felt all of my So. Cal blood rushing to my brain as I wondered how I could possibly find a bike like this in France... I don't know if it's possible. I haven't seen ANYTHING like it in our area... I'm sure this is because we are not a beach community here in 92! Maybe I could find one in the So. of France- Biaritz or Dax... who knows?! I would LOVE to own something like this here... but if I don't find one this week, I'm going for the BTWIN bike (light green) I tried out at Decathlon yesterday. It was just perfect in every way- except that it wasn't pink! But, I think that it is surely the Rolls Royce of bikes, and I am sold! Next week, we will go pick up our bikes and I will have a new toy/MOT! I'm very excited! Anyone else out there in Blogland have a bike and use it regularly for both recreation and transportation? I'd love to hear from you...

7 comments:

Soulamouse said...

these bikes are so cool...I think I saw similar bikes in Netherlands last year, I liked them as well..the moment i live on a flatter surface, I am gonna get one of those old-fashioned Dutch bikes...:)

Justin said...

I bought a nice city bike and have used it a bit. I need to use it more, but every time I seem to have the motivation to go out for a ride, it rains. Today looks nice so maybe I will head out for bit. I have found riding in France to be very pleasant as the drivers tend to watch out for you... unlike in the US where you have to stick to bike paths.

Leesa said...

Hi Linda,

I was dreaming of transporting a pink cruiser back to France with me, but I didn't have any more room with my 4 pieces of luggage on Air France!!! I am going to "settle" for the BTWIN which isn't as good-looking, but man, oh man is that thing C-O-M-F-O-R-T-A-B-L-E!!!!! It has a built-in gel seat and front/rear suspensions and stops on a dime! I love the feel and the handle of it so I am happy to spend the euros in order to possess such a bike! I know I would look "super chouette" with a Cali. beach cruiser- but oh well, c'est la vie!!

Hi Justin...

I have the impression that French drivers (no matter HOW bad they are) are much more alert to and careful of cyclists here than in Cali. I know in Cali we have a lot of bicycle deaths and injuries... I am not completely sure, but I think that in Cali. we have a helment law not just for motorcycles, but for bicycles, as well..
Bon dimanche and happy cycling! : P

Soulamouse said...

oh I am jealous, enjoy!!!!!!!!

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Leesa I use a bike everyday...I don't/can't drive, so I either bike or walk...I couldn;t put a picture of my bike here, its soooooo old, but it gets me from A to B...I too am on the look out for a new girly one!!!

Leesa said...

Linda- Thanks.. I'll let you know how it goes... There are so many places to ride a bike around here... Plus, it will be nice in the summertime... Take care.

Anne- That's cool you bike everywhere... I think it's great exercise. You probably have a lot more choices in bikes where you are than here... They don't seem to be much into fashion for bikes of here and the colors/styles aren't too exciting.... Not like the ones I saw in San Diego...

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Hi Leesa..bikes not all that exciting here either..unless you want to spend a heck of a lot of money...