May 30, 2008

RTL DISCO concert with Andrea, Ferbent, Alex et moi!



On Tuesday, I had the pleasure of meeting a Paris Blogger, Andrea (Aussie in France) and her hubby, Ferbent for a night of Disco at Zenith.... It was pretty fun, and everyone was really into it. Lots of young people, I was surprised since disco is the music of my youth- the 70s pretty much constituted my growing up years from ages 6-13 ('71-'79) smack dab in the middle of Hollyweird, Ca. Looking back into time, these years had a big effect my life and musc preference- Until of course... the year that Disco died (for me) it was in 9th grade- when Rock 'n Roll took a strong hold and I played frisbee with all of my disco records... except for maybe Donna Summer.... But, I can clearly remember throwing my disco albums to the wind, as the soared down Formosa Ave. I have had regrets of "wasting" my disco records like this... I was soooo in love with disco as a kid- learning all the hit dances and lyrics and going out "clubbing" in L.A. to all the hot underage dance clubs... I remember that in L.A. from age 14-17 you could go to a number of clubs, and be among those your age with no adult supervision. Oskos', Florentine Gardens, Club 321, and Dillions were the most popular underage clubs me and my friends frequented!! Soooooo much fun!!!!! This was a from about 80-83 but they were still playing a lot of disco back then... also New Wave...

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Cute photos! It's Ferbent btw :-)

Hey, if you can't meet up for SATC next week, let me know because I desperately want to go see it...

Oh, and I saw Francaise today - great movie!

La Belette Rouge said...

OMG I used to go to 321, the Odyssey, and Florentine Gardens, however I went there a little later than you (81-85). Wow!! It is a small world after all!:-) Such good memories. And, it looks like you had a lot of fun. Can't wait to get to France and join the party.

Andrea said...

Btw, I put those photos on Facebook. Hope that's ok...

Leesa said...

Hi Andrea...

I'm changing the spelling just after I write the comment...; ) No wonder I thought he was French!!! We will DEFIN. see SATC next week!! I'll let you know this WE which day... What day(s)/times are good for you? Let me know...
P.S. totally fine to post the pix on Facebook.. Thanks!! :)

Belette Rouge- OMG!! I went from 81-'83 so we were probably dancing right near one another or passed by each other!!! That's OUTRAGEOUS!!! How old are you?? I grew up in Hollywood- Hawthorne/Formosa Ave. near La Brea... Small world..

barbara said...

Hi Leesa,

I'am sure that you had a great concert.
He he; Leesa throwing out almost all of her disco records out the street ! I can't say the same; I mostly listened to the radio during high school.
Curiosly, I wasen't too touched by the disco wave.A few fav artists, but nothing much else.

See you soon ;)