June 27, 2009

Spitting on the street is GROSSING ME OUT!

For the past three years I have lived in France, I haven't mentioned this in any detail on my blog, but since my buddy, Ron, at Vent has a great post on it, I'm going to direct you to his blog to read what he wrote... He and I share the same sentiments about this unsightly sight! YUGGGGG...
Gross me out and gag me with a spoon... I didn't see much spitting going on in either Vienna OR Budapest... maybe just once here and once there..... Why the HECK do people feel the need to empty there phelgm on the streets we walk on... WAKE UP PEOPLE, and USE A TISSUE, why dontcha?!!! You're GROSSING ME OUT........

Here's Ron's talk on public spit.... "Camel Spitting."

6 comments:

David said...

You need to take into account one thing though: cultural differences (yeah, they sneak around every corners these days).

While it's considered as gross to spit in the streets in France as it is in the US, most people that do it in France are foreigners or of foreign decent.

For example, it's totally OK and there's nothing wrong with spitting in the streets in China.
And while I'm not sure to what degree it's somewhat OK to do it in Africa (with differences among countries, differences that I don't know though).

That being said, you'll also find French people that spit....
They're gross.

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

UTTERLY DISGUSTING, It happens so much in the UK, it makes me feel sick...

debi_in_Hawaii said...

David brings up an interesting point. Which reminds me (sorry!) that I've had old Japanese tourist men and Japanese tourist little boys stand right in front of me and rummage through their nostrils with no shame whatsoever.

Ron said...

Hi Leesa!

You GO, girl!

Isn't it totally GROSS and GAG ME WITH A SPOON????

HA!

I really enjoyed reading David's comment...VERY interesting!

Thanks David!

Oh, well...I'm off to work. And here's hoping that I don't meet any SPIT along the way!

bwahahahahahaha!

Enjoy your weekend, Leesa!

And thank you for posting this!

X

Starman said...

While I don't care for either, if I had to choose between spit and pee.....

Barbara said...

Hi Leesa,

I detest it so much.
Camels are the correct to describe 'em.

Hear from you soon.
Hugs